Promontory MortgagePath is looking for a data-savvy report developer for our Data Insights group, a part of the software development division of MortgagePath, a leader in revolutionizing the mortgage industry. We are located in Denver, CO and our office is full of tech junkies with lots of techy smarts.
If you are a lover of data, love to dig around in and analyze data, enjoy research and pulling data together in reports and want to be part of a team whose responsibility it is to provide reporting and insights to internal and external users WE WANT YOU. Our team is building reports and presenting data in a variety of ways for users of our core, proprietary software and our management team. The data we work with is complex.
The ideal candidate is a person that is comfortable digging into process and helping build more efficiency. Your main focus will be report development and refinement (~65%). You will work with clients and our internal process teams to understand processes as well as help to perfect reporting and get the data they need.
We strive to understand how users are interacting with data and to minimize the clicks – it’s not just about building reports – it’s about building information that helps a person to move through their day more quickly and efficiently – providing the data they need when they need it. There is also a data analysis component – researching systems and processes to understand the information needed and determine how best to provide it (~35%). Data analysis also results in publishing findings/insights for our executive team and internal users to build a better product. You will work closely with the reporting team in the structure of data for reporting and in the build of reports and planning. You will also work closely with end-users, other developers and executives.
- Build and maintain reporting for internal and external users (Jaspersoft Reports Server, Jaspersoft Studio)
- Troubleshooting reporting and data
- Data analysis (SQL, Google Analytics)
- Participate in the development of insights and analytics website
- Report Development/Advanced Reporting Application Use
- Data Analysis
- Release management (Git or equivalent)
Required Characteristics of Our Ideal Candidate:
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work closely with a team of people and be flexible/adaptive
- Strong critical thinking
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- 5-7 years of experience in a technical capacity
- 3+ years of experience in report development and/or report systems administration. Experience with complex report development required
- Experience with release management/change management processes required
- Mortgage data experience preferred
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN