Promontory MortgagePath is seeking an experienced, energetic and detail-oriented Post-Closer for its residential mortgage fulfillment leadership team. The Post-Closer reviews loan files to ensure compliance.
If you are dedicated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented and looking for a company and team with which you can grow, this is the position for you. Our compensation package is highly competitive.
PRIMARY DUTIES AMD RESPONSIBILITES:
- Prepare and audit loan files promptly and review signed documents for accuracy
- Administer and review loans, ensuring loan files are complete prior to being shipped to investors
- Maintain post-closing quality procedures and audits
- Note findings and maintain audits of loan files
This role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Confirm all closing documents are in the file
- Work with processors and other departments to ensure loan file is complete and correct
- Identifies and resolves any red flags within the file
- Work with underwriters and processors to obtain missing documentation, corrections needed, trailing documentation, and answer questions
- Oversee compliance with bank policies
- Ensure the title and lender are listed accurately on all paperwork
- Administer post-closing documentation
- Ensure re-verification information and ensure that it matches all information used during pre and post closing
- Check for and report any findings of fraud or misrepresentation
- Responsible for internal reporting
- Ensure all audits done in compliance with all laws and company policies
- Communicate internal reporting and audit findings
- Escalate findings to management accordingly
- Strongly adhere to deadlines
- Maintain excellent customer service
- Remain up to date on all regulatory training and quality control procedures
- Additional duties as assigned
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Adaptability and Candor: You will be working with some of the newest technology in the mortgage industry. As it evolves, we will ask you for your feedback to improve our products.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- Broad understanding of the regulatory landscape and required disclosures/timing.
- Ability to analyze data and follow up as required
- Strong computer skills and ability to learn new software
- Ability to perform quality work and adhere to timeliness standards established by management.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
- Proactive, energetic and resourceful.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Flexibility to support clients on the West Coast if needed.
- Minimum of 5+ years processing experience in a front-line origination production environment and/or mortgage QA/QC experience
- Extensive knowledge of underwriting procedures and methods
- Thorough knowledge of mortgage loan process from origination through closing
- Knowledge of agency and investor underwriting guidelines, AUS and manual underwriting
- Knowledge of federal and state compliance requirements and origination, underwriting and quality control requirements for Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac, HUD/FHA, VA, and USDA.
- Strong working knowledge of mortgage loan production and associated operational requirements.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider high school or equivalent if candidate possesses exceptionally deep mortgage experience.
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN