This is an opportunity for you to be an impactful contributor across all aspects of our technology environment. Our intent is to break out of the traditional (and cerebrally painful) ways of the past and to leverage technology as a means to deliver game-changing innovation and improvements to the financial services industry.
We’re a Kotlin shop – building cloud-based services, but if you’re experienced in any of the JVM based languages, we should talk. Agility is a key characteristic necessary to fulfilling our goal of delivering the best of breed solutions.
We’re looking for self-driven, critical thinkers with the ability to deliver. The Senior Back-End Engineer is responsible for designing, building, deploying, and troubleshooting our solutions. This is a full-time position based out of our downtown Denver office.
- Develop distributed services with a focus on availability, performance, security and reliability.
- GraphQL/RESTful service implementation
- Produce software of the highest quality – aligned with our technology standards: tested, reviewed and committed
- Ensure that standards and principles are adhered to and communicated to other stakeholders on the team
- Identify performance bottlenecks and use good coding patterns to avoid them in the first place
- Implement standards and practices to improve and maintain code quality
- Work closely with a team of people to modernize outdated processes and improve user experiences
- Design, build, support, and document new features, ensuring we’re building the right product for our customers
- Work to understand requirements & develop them into working features
- Must have 5 years of programming experience in languages such as Java, Kotlin, Scala, and/or Groovy
- Domain-Driven Design
- Event-Driven Architecture
- Cloud-based system design and management (AWS)
- Understanding of database design/architecture
- Demonstrated understanding of object-oriented design and patterns
Required Characteristics of Our Ideal Candidate:
- Love of learning and growing technical knowledge
- Be a lead and coach to less experienced members of the group.
- Able to drive architecture compatible with the rest of the platform, or take the platform in the new direction.
- Experience with fintech, financial applications, banking, or mortgage software products is a plus
- Enjoy working in agile methodology and comfortable with the scrum process
- Great communication skills
- Ability to work closely with a team of people and be flexible/adaptive
- Strong critical thinking
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, etc.
- Minimum of 5 years of software development experience
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN