Promontory MortgagePath is seeking an experienced, energetic and detail-oriented Mortgage Loan Closer for its residential mortgage fulfillment group. Since PMP works with a broad group of national lenders, a diverse and deep background in various companies closing procedures is key to success in this position. We will be closing mortgages for a wide range of offerings, from conventional to portfolio and non-QM products.
If you are dedicated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented and looking for a company and team with which you can grow, this is the position for you. Our compensation package is highly competitive, and we offer an appealing incentive program that generously rewards our top performers.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepares Closing Disclosure and Closing loan package necessary for individual loan types in accordance with Client and Investor guidelines, as well as, Secondary Marketing commitments and requirements.
- Ensures the timely movement and closing of approved loans through the pipeline.
- Contacts Title Companies, Attorneys, Loan Officers, Processors and Insurance Companies to obtain documentation necessary to close mortgage loans.
- Monitors loan status on a continual basis to ensure that timely/qualify standards are achieved.
- Advises all parties of any changes or issues that may occur to ensure high quality standards and customer service.
- Reviews all preliminary documents provided from Attorney/Title Company to include, but not limited to: Title Binder, Survey, Termite Report, Hazard/Flood Insurance Binder, Deed, Settlement Statement, Power of Attorney and/or Trust documentation.
- Completes all disbursement procedures for issuing approval for Clients to release funds to Attorneys/Title Company, and advise Clients on any necessary refund checks, and release of escrow monies withheld.
- Responds to and resolves technical and complex problems that arise.
- Follows up on any deficiency requests by Shipping and Post-Closing to ensure timely procedure for loan delivery and funding to Investors.
- Recommends procedural changes to management.
- Complies with Client’s Policies and Procedures, as well as regulatory compliance.
- Keeps abreast of industry regulations and changes.
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Adaptability and Candor: You will be working with some of the newest technology in the mortgage industry. As it evolves, we will ask you for your feedback to improve our products.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- Broad understanding of the regulatory landscape and required disclosures/timing.
- Ability to perform quality work and adhere to timeliness standards established by management.
- Proactive, energetic and resourceful.
- Strong attention to detail and organization.
- Flexibility to support clients on the West Coast if needed.
- Minimum of 3-5 years processing experience in a front-line origination production environment
- Prior experience working with FHA, VA, USDA loans
- Understanding and applicability of recent regulatory changes is important
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products is preferred
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider high school or equivalent if candidate possesses exceptionally deep mortgage experience.
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN