The Lock Desk Analyst will be responsible for supporting all activities of the Lock Desk including, but not limited to, confirming lock requests, extending, re-pricing and re-locking loans while adhering to and enforcing the Rate Lock Policy.
The ideal candidate will have familiarity with mortgage lock desk functions and investors, with secondary marketing/hedging and market strategy; high knowledge of product matrix and overlays. The candidate will also possess strong communication skills and have incredible attention to detail. Our compensation package is highly competitive.
- Process all lock requests against contractual Service Level Agreements (‘SLA”); track against contractual SLAs; report items that fall outside of SLAs.
- Answer pricing inquiries.
- Update rates per the client’s request in a timely fashion. Frequency could be weekly, daily.
- Publish rate sheets
- Lock changes may drive changed circumstances; will require process to connect these changes to processing, disclosure desk, closing.
- Register and lock loans with investors; ensure accuracy and alignment between the LOS and the investor system.
- Manage rate lock expirations, extensions, re-locks, lender credits (as applicable), buydowns, etc; exceptions; pair-offs, fall-out, overrides.
- Deliver lock confirmation to the LO, Consumer(s).
- Maintain, update, monitor and adhere to client’s lock desk policy in a readily accessible repository; ensure communications to the client if the rate lock policy is set to expire at the annual mark.
- Develop and maintain procedures, while also publishing them to the client(s) as applicable
- Lock loans in LOS.
- Manage call-center type phone functionality, email communications, etc.
- Facilitate rate-lock exceptions through client and keep Operations team and Leadership team informed at all times
- Assist with delivery/sale to investors
- Run reporting both for clients and internal teams, including management level.
Required Characteristics of Our Ideal Candidate:
- Prior retail lock desk experience preferred.
- Specialized knowledge of department/function, lock policies, mortgage math, etc.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize responsibilities in an ever-changing, fast-paced environment and adapt quickly to changes.
- Strong spreadsheet skills.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced and often stressful environment.
- Exceptional attention to detail with the ability to consistently produce accurate work.
- Strong mathematics and analytical skills.
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft products.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 4 years of mortgage experience, preferably with pricing/registration experience.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior underwriting background is preferred
- Experience working with a digital lending platform
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Outlook, Word).
- Advanced capabilities with MS Excel.
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN