Promontory MortgagePath is seeking an experienced, energetic and detail-oriented Loan Processor for its residential mortgage fulfillment group. Since PMP works with a broad group of national lenders, a diverse and deep background in various products and loan programs is key to success in this position. We will process mortgages for a wide range of offerings, from conventional to portfolio and non-QM products.
If you are dedicated, enthusiastic and detail-oriented and looking for a company and team with which you can grow, this is the position for you. Our compensation package is highly competitive, and we offer an appealing incentive program that generously rewards our top performers.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The primary role of the Loan Processor is to administer and review new loan applications, closely manage their pipeline to ensure loans close as quickly and accurately as possible, and to interact both with our internal teams as well as customers and brokers outside the firm. You will be expected to prioritize and problem solve daily.
This role will include, but not be limited to, the following activities:
- Act as the primary interface with PMP clients, updating them on loan statuses, working with them to obtain closing conditions, and ensuring a seamless and efficient lending experience.
- Must be familiar with DU/LPA
- Work directly with consumer to obtain documentation to ensure timely turn times and meet client SLA’s
- Ensure information in the LOS is accurate and updated in a timely manner.
- Review files for completeness and ensure required items are obtained quickly to ensure an accurate loan decision is rendered by the underwriter.
- Follow up with third-party services to ensure required items are received promptly.
- Work directly with client to orchestrate deal changes and ensure modifications to the loan are processed quickly/efficiently.
- Deliver top-notch client service both to the clients of PMP as well as to the mortgage customers themselves.
- Function as part of a deal team that requires focused participation and contribution. Exert leadership as required to keep deals moving and escalate issues to management as required.
REQUIRED CHARACTERISTICS OF OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Adaptability and Candor: you will be working with some of the newest technology in the mortgage industry. As it evolves, we will ask you for your feedback to improve our products.
- Outstanding communication and problem-solving skills.
- Must be experienced in Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac policies and procedures
- Flexible schedule to support clients in different time zones
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive, deadline-oriented environment
- Broad understanding of the regulatory landscape and required disclosures/timing.
- Ability to perform quality work and adhere to timeliness standards established by management.
- Proactive, energetic and resourceful.
- Strong attention to detail and organization, and ability to develop an in-depth understanding of the products/programs of our clients.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish
- Minimum of 3-5 years processing experience in a front-line origination production environment.
- Prior experience working with FHA, VA, USDA loans
- Understanding and applicability of recent regulatory changes is important.
- Strong computer skills and familiarity with Microsoft Office suite of products is preferred.
Bachelor’s degree preferred. Will consider high school or equivalent if candidate possesses exceptionally deep mortgage experience.
PROMONTORY MORTGAGEPATH LLC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER MINORITY/FEMALE/DISABILITY/PROTECTED VETERAN